Logger is a PL/SQL logging and debugging framework. The goal of logger is to be as simple as possible to install and use. The primary use cases for this utility include:
- Debugging: It's often difficult to track down the source of an error without some form of debugging instrumentation. This is particularly true in multi-tier, stateless architectures such as Application Express.
- Error Logging: While most experts agree that it's important not to mask errors, it's also nice to have a persistent record of them.
- Timing: Logger has a very simple timing framework built-in that makes it easy to benchmark sections of code.
- Instrumentation: Because it's easy to "turn-off" logger globally with virtually no performance impact, it's easy to get in the habit of leaving debug calls in production code. Now, when something does go wrong, you simply flip the switch and logger is enabled making it much quicker to debug errors.
Console wrapper resolves the following issues:
- Will not raise an error if browser does not support it (null op run).
- Can toggle console output via the Levels option.
- Tight integration with Integration Oracle Application Express (APEX) debug functionality.
Oracle APEX Plugins
As a lead developer at ClariFit I've written several plugins for Oracle APEX. They include:
- Syntax Highlighter
- Auto Resize
- Simple Modal
- IR Column Group
- From/To Date Picker